Boston Alliance for Community Health is excited to offer workshop/training scholarships and daily stipends to our BACH members. We understand the importance of supporting our residents and community leaders in gaining the skills to be well-informed and successful advocates for systemic changes. Workshops/Trainings must be centered on skill building that connects with one of the five strategic issues listed below:
- How can we achieve racial and ethnic health equity?
- How can we improve coordination and integration of healthcare and community-based prevention services and activities?
- How can we build and increase resilience in communities impacted by trauma?
- How can we improve health outcomes by focusing on education, employment, and transportation policies and practices?
- How can we increase the number of immigrants, people of color, and other underrepresented populations in leadership roles and decision-making processes?
Scholarships will be offered for up to $250 to cover all or partial registration fees. Stipends will be $35 for half day (up to 4 hours) and $70 for a full day (over 4 hours). Multiple day conferences are also eligible ($70/day).
- Applicants must be a member of BACH and live or work in Boston.
- Applicants must be able to provide at least one reference to speak towards their community involvement.
- After completion of the workshop/training, applicant must present the information learned with their coalition or a community based organization in order to share the knowledge gained with the greater community.
To apply, candidates must complete the paper or online application. See details below.
Approval and Notification Process
BACH staff will review the application once it is submitted. Decisions are made first come, first serve and scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis based on the annual budget. Applicants will be notified via email within 2-3 days of their submission.