Scholarships & Grants
Resident Scholarships & Stipends
We understand the importance of supporting our residents and community leaders in gaining the skills to be well-informed and successful advocates for systemic changes! This is why we offer scholarships and daily stipends to our members to attend workshops or trainings related to skill building and that connect to our Strategic Issues.
- Scholarships will be offered for up to $250 to cover all or partial registration fees.
- Stipends will be $35 for half day (up to 4 hours) and $70 for a full day (over 4 hours). Multiple day conferences are also eligible ($70/day).
Check out our Events Calendar for local upcoming training and workshops. See below to apply online or download the application. Any questions, please contact Jamiah Tappin at email@example.com.
On occassion, BACH is able to support community health initiatives that align with our Strategic Issues within individual neighborhoods and citywide. Funding is supported through MA Department of Health’s Determination of Needs processes to provide health-related services to vulnerable populations, inclusive of at least one of these goals: Eliminating racial and ethnic health inequities and their social determinants.
- Eliminating racial and ethnic health inequities and their social determinants
- Promoting wellness in the home, workplace, school, and community
- Preventing and managing chronic disease
Funded programming or projects may include:
- Community-based outreach, health education, screening, and treatment services
- Environmental strategies to promote health, reduce risks, and prevent injury and chronic disease
- Policy development and advocacy
- Community-based organizing
- Coalition building and maintenance
- Leadership training
- Workforce development
- Other population-based, community-level, or system change strategies