Filter the events calendar with the categories and tags tabs below! We understand the importance of supporting community residents and leaders in gaining the skills to be well-informed and successful advocates for systemic change. To encourage diverse representation at workshops and trainings, we offer scholarships and daily stipends to our resident members. To learn more, please go to Scholarships & Grants
Please join the Boston Foundation, Barr Foundation and BMP’s Co-Directors, Frances Kunreuther and Sean Thomas-Breitfeld, to learn how Massachusetts respondents compared to the national sample and to hear insights from an experienced panel of local leaders driving diversity, equity and inclusion efforts across the sector. The report is a call to action for current leaders to address the structural barriers that limit opportunities for aspiring leaders of color and organizations led by people of color. We invite you to discuss these findings and help generate ideas and action steps to address the racial leadership gap in Massachusetts’ nonprofit sector.
The 2018 Collective Impact Convening event will include:
- University of Houston Professor and bestselling author Brené Brown and Rainier Valley Corps CEO and nonprofit blogger Vu Le are among the confirmed keynote speakers
- Case studies, how-to sessions, tool sessions, and one-on-one coaching on topics such as community engagement, equity, leadership, use of data, and sustainability
- Short talks on successes and challenges in collective impact
- Local site visit to explore collaborative social change in action in Austin
- Opportunity to interact and network with a diverse audience
Registration Scholarships are available for a limited number of registrations at a 50% discount off the registration price. Scholarship applications are due by Friday, November 3. Apply now.
All Dorchester residents, providers, organizations, and community members are invited to join the Dorchester CARES Coalition to be a voice of change in the community. It provides to the opportunity to network with neighbors, exchange resources, and build partnerships. Free dinner and childcare is provided if RSVP to Tara Register.