The Boston Alliance for Community Health is looking for a full-time year-round AmeriCorps Service Member through Social Capital In. ( SCI) to start September 1st of 2018 through June 2019.
● Developing interest in public health, social determinants and
● A desire to serve with diverse constituencies
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
● Ability to conduct community outreach and make
presentations to community groups (for VOC)
● Excellent written and oral English communication skills
● Willingness to take initiative to achieve goals
● Strong project management/multi-tasking abilities
● Event planning skills and management
● A clear plan for living on the AmeriCorps stipend in the
Greater Boston area
● Availability to attend community meetings & events during
evening and weekend hours (frequency varies by position)
● Regular access to a car recommended for certain sites
● Bilingual communication skills a plus.
● Knowledge of the community served a plus.
● Ability to serve on a team and independently.
● College degree or coursework is preferred, but not required.
*Must be 18 or older to serve with SCI AmeriCorps
● Knowledge of HTML, PHP, and Drupal a plus for some positions
Benefits of serving with SCI AmeriCorps:
● Excellent experience for future professional and educational
● Pre-service orientation and on-site training provided by SCI;
ongoing training opportunities and workshops.
● Members receive a modest living allowance during their service
● Post-service educational award of $5,775
● Health insurance coverage available at a no-cost premium
● Additional local benefits may be available.
To Apply or To Ask Questions:
Send your cover letter and resume or email to Amelia Walters at