We held our Annual Meeting on Monday, December 12th, which was a great night of discussion and celebration, with over 100 attendees! Our Director, David Aronstein, highlighted BACH’s 2016 year and discussed where we are headed in 2017. There were also presentations by the Boston Public Health Commission on Boston’s Community Health Improvement Plan Goals based on the MAPP process BACH implemented and by the Conference of Boston Teaching Hospitals (COBTH) on Boston Hospitals Community Health Needs Assessment meetings in neighborhoods, coordinated and hosted by BACH-affiliated coalitions. The Annual Meeting’s keynote speaker, Dr. Jessie Gaeta, Chief Medical Officer for Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program, discussed the issues of homelessness and opioid addiction in Boston and linked patient stories to policies that have hurt or helped them. The night ended by honoring Healthy Community Leadership Awards to this year’s 5 amazing awardees:
- Raheem Baraka, Baraka Community Wellness
- Michelle Cook, Roxbury Rides & Let’s Get Healthy, Boston!
- Edna de Paula, Healthy Community Champion & Allston-Brighton CDC
- Lisa Melara, Healthy Community Champion & Union Capital Boston
- EJ Slater, The Charlestown Coalition